On January 31, 2017, Amanda Matticks, Acting Supervisor of K-8 Curriculum, provided the annual testing presentation to the Robbinsville Board of Education. Please click on the link below for access.
The Partnership for Assessments of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a consortium of 23 states and Washington, DC that are developing thenext generation assessment system that measures the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and student preparedness for college and career. New Jersey is one of 18 governing states in PARCC that are closely involved with the development of the assessments. Educators from the K-12 and higher education are involved in the development of the assessments to endure alignment to PARCC's vision.
Goals of PARCC
- Build a pathway to college and career readiness for all students
- Create high-quality assessments that measure the full range of the Common Core State Standards
- Support educators in the classroom
- Make better use of technology in assessments
- Advances accountability at all levels (adapted from parcconline.org)